CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Entry Deadline: Friday, January 10, 2014
FEE: $295 per entry
Click here to download an entry form.
Founded in 1994, the 2014 NAMIC Vision Awards, presented by NAMIC-Southern California, will again salute and recognize original content shown on television and/or digital platforms that is reflective of the depth and breadth of the lives, spirit and contributions of people of color.
Qualifying programs will be recognized in the following 18 categories:
• Awards & Honors
• Foreign Language
• Original Movie or Special
• Reality — Social Issues
• Variety/Talk Show
• Best Performance — Comedy
• Best Performance — Drama
• Digital Media — Short Form (29 minutes or less)
• Digital Media — Long Form (30 minutes to one hour)
Entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of media and entertainment industry executives based on:
• Overall imagery (creativity, originality, presentation)
• Sensitivity (the consideration given to social or cultural nuances)
• Writing (the depiction of issues relevant to people of color)
• Acting (the actor has delivered an outstanding performance)
Those eligible to submit entries are:
• Broadcast Networks (National, Network-Owned and Operated, Affiliates)
• Cable Networks (National and Regional)
• Cable Operators (for local origination programming)
• Syndicators (First-Run Original Programs)
• VOD content produced by cable and/or broadcast companies for digital platforms—web or mobile—is also eligible for submission.
Programs must be original and have aired between November 1, 2012 and November 10, 2013.
Completed entry forms (one for each entry), submissions and payment are due by Friday, January 10, 2014.
The following must be submitted with each program entered to be considered:
- Entry fee payment (submissions that do not include payment will not be considered for judging)
- A fully completed entry form (be sure to list the entry exactly as you wish it to appear in promotional materials)
- Nine (9) DVDs of full episode
- Three (3) DVDs of a sixty second (:60) clip
- Program Description and running time (250 word limit)
- Network approved credit sheet/cast list
- English language transcript for foreign language programs
- Entry submission contact
- Company programming contact
- Company publicity contact
• Sort and mail all DVDs by category, placing entry forms with the corresponding items.
• Be sure to label each component of the entry with the contact name, company, entry title and category.
• Be sure to provide ALL requested information in the appropriate format as detailed above in ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
Incomplete or late entries will not be judged. You will be notified if your entry is disqualified for any reason. Entry fees are not refundable.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE ENTRIES
Foreign language programs may be entered in any category as long as an English language transcript is provided. Failure to submit a transcript will result in disqualification.
The cost per entry is $295 which is payable by credit card or check. Submissions that do not include payment will not be considered for judging.
If paying by check, please make payable to NAMIC, Inc. Do not send checks separately from your entry.
If you are submitting multiple entries, you may pay with the same check or credit card. Please be sure to include a list of all entries covered by the payment.
MAIL SUBMISSIONS TO
320 West 37th Street – 8th Floor
New York, NY 10018
For questions, contact Sandra Girado, Senior Director of Meetings and Events at (212) 594-5985 or email@example.com.
To learn more about the Vision Awards, or to request an interview with a NAMIC official, please contact:
(310) 882-5498, ext. 5 – Office
(310) 902-8617 – Cell
NAMIC VISION AWARDS TIMELINE
Friday, January 10, 2014.......................................Entry Deadline
Early March 2014...................................................Announcement of Nominees
Late April 2014......................................................Announcement of Winners
NOMINEE AND WINNER INFORMATION
If after judging, your entry is a nominee, NAMIC will notify you by email in advance of the public announcement.
All nominees will be listed in publicity materials and on the NAMIC website exactly as they appear on the official entry form.
If your entry is a nominee and wins within the respective category for which it was submitted, NAMIC will notify the contact on the official entry form the day when the public announcement is made.
RECOGNITION OF NOMINEES AND WINNERS
Nominees will be announced in early March 2014. Winners of the 20th Annual NAMIC Vision Awards will be announced late April 2014. Details pertaining to the winners presentation will be announced at a later date.
2013 NAMIC Vision Awards
The 19th Annual NAMIC Vision Awards —
A Celebration of Multicultural Contributions in the Media Industry
In its 19th year, the NAMIC Vision Awards recognized original television or digital content that reflects the depth and breadth of experience, and contributions of people of color. The NAMIC Vision Awards were presented in collaboration with Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News.
Dora the Explorer – Nickelodeon
BEST AWARDS & HONORS
Black Girls Rock! – BET Networks
BEST PERFORMANCE – COMEDY
Don Cheadle – House of Lies – Showtime
BEST PERFORMANCE – DRAMA
Michael Kenneth Williams – Boardwalk Empire – HBO
Nick News with Linda Ellerbee – TeenNick
The Rickey Smiley Show – TV One
DIGITAL MEDIA – LONG FORM
Black and Latino – mun2
DIGITAL MEDIA – SHORT FORM
The Secret of the Chancla – mun2
DIGITAL MEDIA WEB SERIES
Freedom Project: Mauritania Slavery's Last Stronghold – CNN
The Loving Story – HBO
World Sports Presents: It's Not Black and White – CNN
Treme – HBO
Caras Del Odio – Discovery En Español
Kusina Master – GMA Life TV
NEWS / INFORMATIONAL
Oprah's Master Class – Harpo Studios
ORIGINAL MOVIE OR SPECIAL
CNN Special Projects: Leaders with Heart – CNN
Tia and Tamera – Style
REALITY SOCIAL ISSUES
Save My Son – TV One
Busted Coverage – ESPN
TRAVEL & ADVENTURE
Inside Africa: The Himba of Namibia – CNN
VARIETY / TALK SHOW
Mario Lopez: One on One – NUVOtv
NAMIC MEMBERS' FAVORITE PERSONALITY
2013 CREATIVE LEGACY AWARD
2013 CORP. LEADERSHIP DIVERSITY AWARD
Vincent Cordero, EVP & GM, Fox Deportes