Founded in 1994, the 2015 NAMIC Vision Awards, presented by NAMIC-Southern California, will again salute and recognize original content shown on television and/or digital platforms that is reflective of the depth and breadth of the lives, spirit and contributions of people of color.
Qualifying programs will be recognized in the following 18 categories:
• Awards & Honors
• Foreign Language
• Original Movie or Special
• Reality — Social Issues
• Variety/Talk Show
• Best Performance — Comedy
• Best Performance — Drama
• Digital Media — Short Form (29 minutes or less)
• Digital Media — Long Form (30 minutes to one hour)
Entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of media and entertainment industry executives based on:
• Overall imagery (creativity, originality, presentation)
• Sensitivity (the consideration given to social or cultural nuances)
• Writing (the depiction of issues relevant to people of color)
• Acting (the actor has delivered an outstanding performance)
Those eligible to submit entries are:
• Broadcast Networks (National, Network-Owned and Operated, Affiliates)
• Cable Networks (National and Regional)
• Cable Operators (for local origination programming)
• Syndicators (First-Run Original Programs)
• VOD content produced by cable and/or broadcast companies for digital platforms—web or mobile—is also eligible for submission.
Programs must be original and have aired between November 1, 2013 and November 30, 2014.
To learn more about the Vision Awards, or to request an interview with a NAMIC official, please contact:
(310) 882-5498, ext. 5 – Office
(310) 902-8617 – Cell
NAMIC VISION AWARDS TIMELINE
Friday, January 16, 2015.......................................Entry Deadline
March 2015.............................................................Announcement of Nominees
April 2015...............................................................Announcement of Winners
NOMINEE AND WINNER INFORMATION
If after judging, your entry is a nominee, NAMIC will notify you by email in advance of the public announcement.
All nominees will be listed in publicity materials and on the NAMIC website exactly as they appear on the official entry form.
If your entry is a nominee and wins within the respective category for which it was submitted, NAMIC will notify the contact on the official entry form the day when the public announcement is made.
RECOGNITION OF NOMINEES AND WINNERS
Nominees will be announced in March 2015. Winners of the 21st Annual NAMIC Vision Awards will be announced in late April/early May 2015. Details pertaining to the winners presentation will be announced at a later date.
2014 NAMIC Vision Awards
The 20th Annual NAMIC Vision Awards —
A Celebration of Multicultural Contributions in the Media Industry
In its 20th year, the NAMIC Vision Awards recognized original television or digital content that reflects the depth and breadth of experience, and contributions of people of color. The NAMIC Vision Awards were presented in collaboration with Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News.
Doc McStuffins - Disney Junior
AWARDS & HONORS
2013 HALO Awards - Nickelodeon
BEST PERFORMANCE - COMEDY
China Anne McClain: A.N.T. Farm - Disney Channel
BEST PERFORMANCE - DRAMA
Jeffrey Wright: Boardwalk Empire - HBO
A.N.T. Farm - Disney Channel
Instant Mom - Nick@Nite
DIGITAL MEDIA - SHORT FORM
East Los High - Hulu
Girl Rising - CNN
Scandal - ABC
Triquis - ESPN Deportes
Leading Women: Helene Gayle, CEO CARE USA - CNN
NEWS / INFORMATIONAL
America Tonight: The Other America - Al Jazeera America
ORIGINAL MOVIE OR SPECIAL
CNN Special Projects: Power of She - HLN
Six Little McGhees - OWN
REALITY - SOCIAL ISSUES
Urban Dove Team - ESPN
Richie Parker: Drive - ESPN
VARIETY / TALK SHOW (tie)
Oprah's Next Chapter - OWN/Harpo Studios
Real Time with Bill Maher - HBO